Sleep is overated! Who needs it anyway? Evidently my daughter and my husband think I do not. I read somewhere that you are supposed to get 5-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. Me I am lucky if I get 2! EG wakes up with nightmares or potty breaks and Seb just comes to bed late. I am a lightsleeper now so I hear him and feel him when he climbs into bed at 2am. So I don't get any sleep anymore. And Seb is mad because I am always sleeping - hey I need to get it when I can. I will not feel guilty about my sleeping all the time anymore.
Why do I complain about this and why do I know so much about my sleeping habits? Because for the past week I have been keeping track of who wakes me and when. I have been wondering why I am so tired all the time. I eat good and I exercise but I am still sleepy because my family won't let me sleep at night!
This has been the cause of a few arguements with Seb and now I can blame him for them. Yea me!
So for those of you with no kids and no husband be very glad. You are getting sleep. But if you want to know what it feels like I can call you everytime I am woken up. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
I soooo get the sleep thing. Aleks and I fight about this alot and he continually make sme feel guilty that I can not stay up. When I say I can't stay up I mean a marching band could go through the house and if I am ready for bed I would not even notice. Madelaine no longer wakes me in the middle of the night, but we have not reached the monster fears or potty break stage yet. However my job and stress causes it as well as a busy 2 year old. I work 10 hours a day, wake at 5 daily get everyone ready, then go right into a tiny room, with one window for 10 hours where i am wathced and monitored over every little move, we seldom even get out for bathroom breaks, then I go get my kid and there I am dealing with her tantrums, agruments,play, feedings, play time all while I cook, clean care for dog and prepare stuff for the next day. by the time I read, sing and cuddle with her for bed I am ready for bed. I wake at 5 and not rest or have time for me or break until she is in bed. By then I am ready for bed and forget phone calls to home or friends, forget time for me or time for me and hubby, I cant keep my eyese open. I even had a full physical to make sure nothing was wrong, nothing is but stress, hating my job and raising a very demanding, strong filled 2 years old. I basically am with screaming kids all day. Then Aleks wants me to stay up and I can't, I literally can't and he gets mad. I stay up on Friday and Saturday nights, sometimes on Sunday but it still is not enough, and God bordid I take a nap, Oh no not allowed. SO i so can relate to your exhaustion and feelings. My doc said get 8 hours, no less than 7 daily to ward off depression, weight gain,and other illnesses and problems from stress and sleep deprivation. However hubby and chil do not always agree. Madelaine is up on weekends by 6/6:30, so no sleeping in and guess who always gets up with her.... We are in the same boat. Love ya.... Dee
ReplyDeleteI so get this Tracy. I fight with Aleks about it almost daily, but I could not stay up to save my life. I even had a physical to make sure I was ok, I am but doc said no less than 7 and aim for 8 hrs to ward off depression, weight gain, and other illnesses contributed to sleep deprevation.I want to stay up with him, but just can not. I get up at 5 daily and work 10 hrs with screaming kids, then come home to a screaming kid, chores, dinner, packing lunches, cleaning up and then putitng the little one down for bed. Once I read, sing and cuddle with her that is it I am done. There is no time for me, nothing fun, no calls, emails, etc. Not ime with hubby. Just bed and then repeat cycle. I try to stay up on Friday and Saturday nights, sometimes on Sunday. But many times it is too hard. I am wiped out. Madleiane is up at 6/6:30 on weekends. So no sleeping in and if I take naps when she does he gets mad, I get he is bored and alone, but I can not stay up for anyone or anything. My job drains me that much and so does the baby. So I can total;ly relate the stresse so not sleeping right or enough does. Funny thing is if he wanted to sleep I would not mind, i would find stuff to keep busy or nap with him. I guess it is not that easy. Hang in there I am paddling along in the same canoe, lol. Miss you... DeAnna
ReplyDelete